Friday, October 2, 2009

Oct 2, 2007

Well, here we are at 26 weeks. The Doc is really surprised we got this far, praise the Lord! Everything has been pretty quiet except yesterday I had a bit of a scare. I had a huge gush of fluid in the afternoon which frustrated me but didn't concern me until I went to the bathroom and saw that the fluid was no longer clear but faint pink. When there's blood involved, that could mean my cervix is starting to open or a number of other things we don't want to happen. So I was really upset all day. The perinatologist came in around 9pm and did an ultrasound and checked my cervix. My cervix was still closed and 4-5cm long which is very good, if it starts getting short, that means it's effacing which means labor is coming. I was happy about that but was prepared for him to tell me the fluid was very low, I thought I could live with that considering the big gush and that it would probably go up in a week or so. To our amazement, the fluid was exactly the same as it was a week ago, even with the fluid I had lost in the afternoon!! (AFI=5). I am so thankful to the Lord, He is certainly taking care of Autumn. After the ultrasound, the perinatologist said he felt much better too. This morning he said typically he starts to see the early signs of labor in women at 26 weeks, like mild cramping and such. He has been planning to give me steroids at 27 weeks but mentioned today that he would be ok with waiting til 28 weeks for the steroids since I'm showing no signs of labor coming soon. The longer we wait the better and I just hope each week he pushes it back another week. I don't think Autumn is ready to come out until Christmastime or at least Thanksgiving! I know God's power is awesome and we can't put our minds around it but I have to admit I am a little surprised myself that we have made it this far. Even in spite of my human doubt, God continues to remain faithful. I can only thank Him for every day and pray for many more!

Once again, thank you so so so much for all your prayers and please continue to pray for us! I think we are all seeing the miracle of God's power here and it's awesome that so many people get to see this.

April

No comments: