Saturday, October 10, 2009

27 weeks, 3 days

Originally written Oct 10, 2007 07:56pm (EST)

I'm really happy to be at 27 weeks! I had an ultrasound last night and Autumn's estimated weight was 2.08 lbs. The perinatologist was real happy to get to the 2lb mark. I so so so hope and pray we'll make it to 30 weeks. But hopefully 32, and then of course we'll hope for 34! I haven't had any bleeding since I've been in the hospital except for some pink fluid once but yesterday I had two different instances of a tiny bit of blood when I went to the bathroom. I showed the nurse and they aren't too concerned. They just want to know if it keeps happening. I have not seen any blood today. The ultrasound showed that my cervix was still at least 3cm long and I had an AFI of about 6. My uterus also feels soft still and I have not felt any contractions. Although they don't monitor me on a machine so I may have some that I don't feel but I'm not worried about those. I will probably get steroids next week, I've heard they hurt. Does the injection itself just hurt, or does it hurt for a while after you get them? Where do they inject you? Thigh, butt, arm? The peri said I'll get one and then 24 hours later get a second shot.

My son is getting so big! He'll turn 1 on Halloween. We will probably have cupcakes and a couple friends at my hospital room to celebrate and then when I get out of the hospital, hopefully we'll be able to set up a nice party at home for all our friends. I'm sure Keaton doesn't care either way but I know a lot of my friends don't want to miss it and it's always fun to get together with a bunch of people and their kids.

No comments: