Sunday, October 18, 2009

OK, so the second steroid shot hurt a little.

Originally written Oct 18, 2007 02:54pm (EST)

I had the second steroid shot last night and a different nurse gave it to me. Unlike the first shot which was fast and painless, this one was longer and a little painful but still not as bad as I expected. My husband was watching during this shot and he said instead of jabbing the needle in she sort of pushed it in until it sank in to my skin. No wonder it was more painful and longer. No biggie though. I'm just happy I got them now, makes me feel better if I go into labor soon.

Last night before the shot my leakage had gone from pink to pinkish yellow and was a little slimier rather than liquidy. This morning it was a bit slimy too. I asked my Ob to take my white blood cell count again but he said we just had it yesterday morning and it was normal. I asked him to compare it to previous counts and he said it crept up a little. He said he would talk to the perinatologist and see what he wants to do. I was already scheduled to go to the peri's office today for a more in depth ultrasound so we'll see what he says then.

No comments: