Saturday, February 21, 2009

Girls night out!

So tonight I am going out with a girlfriend of mine. This is a rare occurrence. While I really enjoy girls' nights out, this season of my life doesn't really accomodate them very often, if ever. I look forward to getting away from the house and responsibilities but at the same time don't feel I deserve to have this "free time". I also know inevitably I'll miss my husband and kids and feel a bit guilty I'm not spending a Saturday having family time. I know many moms who feel you simply MUST have girls' night once a week or once a month and Ialso know many homemakers who think it's plainly self-indulgent, unnecessary and unfair to your family. I am somewhere in between. I don't think it's necessary to have a scheduled and demanded time to "get away from it all", but I do feel it's good, healthy and fair to occasionally have some alone time, or girlfriend time to just go enjoy myself with things I used to do very often before children. I am really looking forward to going to Pensacola, eating at Panera Bread, shopping at the Cordova mall and Joann Fabrics and then seeing a movie at the Breeze. I love to crochet as many of my friends know and I look forward to buying some new yarn at Joann's since all I have at home is a couple colors and then most of it's from Wal-Mart which isn't the greatest quality. I am really hoping they have some Bernat organic or Lion Brand organic as I keep reading those yarns are so soft and work really well for baby items which is mainly what I crochet.

No comments: