Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Wii Fit

KJ came home from work with Wii Fit last night, he had stopped at Wal*Mart and picked it up. It was released at midnight. Of course, we had to try it out then, so we were up til 1:30 am trying out a couple things.

This is the balance board, it weighs you, measures your balance, and basically is what is able to tell when you're doing an exercise right or wrong by identifying how you shift your weight.


This is a screenshot of the Wii Fit plaza, you register your Miis here and then you can choose yours when you're ready to start training. It shows your progress chart above the Miis.



This is a screenshot of the hula-hoop training, it's found under the Aerobics category. This is one of the things I tried last night, (keep in mind I was ready for bed so all I was wearing was a T-shirt and underwear); I was doing really good, I had 5 hula hoops going and really fast, I think I was around 120 spins and K.J. was sitting on the couch behind me cheering me on and he starting saying "go faster, go faster!" so I did, knowing it would look silly and I'm sort of a goofball anyway. Then K.J. starts narrating, "This is April trying out hula-hooping on Wii Fit for the first time". I turn around and he's videotaping me!!! I jumped off that balance board and ran after him of course. We watched a couple seconds of it and then, needless to say, I deleted it. Then we went to bed. How mortifying would it be for that video to get around? I have to say, it was pretty hilarious to watch. I was disappointed he made me mess up my score though.




This is boxing, I haven't tried it yet.




This is skiing found under the Balance Games, I tried it. It's a lot harder than it looks but once you get the hang of it, it's pretty fun.





This is a lunge, tried it. It's pretty neat cause the bar shows you how far forward you should lunge and if the vertical red line drops below the horizontal blue line, it means you're not doing it correctly.








No comments: