Sunday, December 20, 2009

BF'ing getting better

PLEASE NOTE: This all happened 2 years ago, I'm simply copying it to my blog since I didn't have a blog back then.

Originally written December 20, 2007

Well, I've been praying a lot especially right before a feeding that I'll have patience and Autumn will learn to feed better. And she's doing so much better. Her problems are that she takes a long time to latch on but once she does she does great. But then I think she overeats and then spits up a lot afterwards. I think I'll try stopping her halfway through to try to burp her. She also is very sleepy all the time so I have to wake her up for feedings most of the time. It's very tempting to just let her sleep through but I know she needs to gain weight. It's also very tempting to just give her a bottle when she takes forever to latch on. We've been trying to breastfeed most of her day feedings and at night we mostly do bottles cause I just don't want to be up all night trying to get her to latch on. Hopefully she'll get strong enough (or smart enough?) to breastfeed all day long. Then K.J. won't have to wake up at night either to feed her a bottle while I pump. I can be the only one with sleepless nights for a while. I forget when Keaton started sleeping for long stretches but I think it was 4 or 5 months. But it was so much easier with him, he was a breastfeeding pro and he slept next to me and nursed on his own while I slept. Sometimes I had to adjust my body so he could get it, but then I'd go back to sleep while he nursed and he would let go when he was done. That was great! I do have Autumn in my bed but in a "snuggle nest" which keeps her safe from me and safe from rolling around. www.snugglenest.com Even though it can be beneficial to have her sleep next to me, she's just so little I'm scared to let her. She had her Dr appt Wed and her weight was exactly the same, but the Ped didn't seem concerned, he was just happy she didn't lose weight. She got 2 immunizations and she was a champ, cried for the shots but was content about 30 seconds later. Just like her big brother!

No comments: