Wednesday, April 22, 2009

March for Babies

http://www.marchforbabies.org/autumntottle

I signed up for this fundraising event over 6 months ago and I just now am realizing that it is THIS Saturday! I had all these plans of really going all out and collecting money for the March of Dimes but obviously I failed miserably. I really want to go do the 3 mile walk with the double stroller and both my kids but I feel pretty embarassed going without having raised any money. Do you think that's seriously rude? I mean I'd like to get out there and see what the event is like and hopefully it will inspire me to raise money for next year, plus I'll get a workout in on Saturday. Also, registration is at 7am, which means I need to seriously hustle to get me and the kids up, fed and out of the house by 6:30 at the latest! We don't even wake up that early, well Keaton does but me and Autumn don't!!! Lol. He comes in and watches cartoons on my bed til I get up around 7. So I'm going back and forth on whether or not I'm going to go. I still really want to go except for the aforementioned reasons, so what do YOU think?

Should I just go or is it really awkward that I've raised no money and therefore I should stay home in shame?

1 comment:

The Burgess Family said...

I say go... your going to show support for a GREAt CAUSE, not because you did or did not meet your goal... worse case, you donate 10 bucks towards it and give that, plus walk and show your support. Every penny helps!!!

I have to say, I laughed when I read your comment about the cabinet hair band catching a head at your house! While I am sure it was scary, it made me laugh. That is something that I had not thought about and I have replaced my rubberband with the hair bands that do not give near as much flexibility!!!